Bridge Worship Service
Welcome! We are delighted that you have visited our website. Young Meadows exists to glorify God by serving as a change agent for the revival and redemption of Montgomery and the world through vibrant, gospel-centered discipleship in worship, community, and mission.
The Bridge Service exists to support and manifest Young Meadows’ vision by providing a place for the mature and immature Christian to worship all the while seeking to provide a home for the unchurched, dechurched, and rechurched of Montgomery.
1. Why do we call the service the Bridge?
The Bridge received its name because the leadership of Young Meadows is convinced that there are large gaps in the church at large. The hope was that the service would bridge those gaps so that more and different folks would come to know and grow in Christ.
2. What are the gaps that were identified?
- Age Gap: In large part, the church of Jesus Christ is experiencing an exodus from the church of adults in their twenties, thirties, and forties, leaving a gap between children/teens and mature adults.
- God Gap: Some churches have stressed the love of God to the exclusion of the holiness of God, and have thus made it easy for God to accept everyone. We believe that love and holiness should be kept in balance, and as a result a large gap exists between God and sinful man that can only be bridged through Jesus Christ, the focal point of every service.
- Gospel Gap: Often believers understand Christ’s death as well as their future reign in Heaven, but a huge gap exists in their life as to how those truths bring meaning and purpose to their life.
- Cultural Gap: Many churches forget that the unbelieving world may not understand or fully comprehend much of the language used by the church.
- Historical Gap: Our hope is to blend and update ancient traditions into modern context.
3. What does a typical order of worship look like?
Each service begins with a passage of Scripture or song that reminds us of the reason that we’ve come: to worship God in Christ. Services include music, prayers of confession and forgiveness, a sermon, and the Lord's Table. Each element is intended to stir our heart to praise and renewal by God's faithfulness to us
4. What kind of music is played?
Though the Bridge service plays more contemporary music using instruments such as guitars and drums, we have not abandoned the rich lyrics of classic hymns. We ultimately desire a blend in our choice of music, mixing both sacred hymns with Christian contemporary music.
5. How should I dress?
The answer to that question is probably much more important to you than it is to us. We would encourage you to wear that in which you believe you can worship God. For many attenders, that means blazers and ties, but for others that means jeans and tshirts.
Serving Him Together,
Jay Joye, Senior Pastor
Click here to listen to past sermons from the Bridge Service or Traditional Service