Young Meadows Presbyterian Church (PCA)
Director of Children’s Discipleship
The Director of Children’s Discipleship is the primary staff member (25 hrs/week) responsible for evangelizing and discipling children, pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade, and coming alongside of parents in the Christian rearing of their Covenant Children.
General responsibilities of the Director of Children’s Discipleship will include:
- Being a co-laborer with the Session and entire pastoral staff, especially in areas of church-wide, family, and children’s ministry activities.
- Providing staff leadership focused on Children’s Ministries on the Family Ministries Team.
- Ensuring that God’s Word and a Christian worldview is taught to instill a desire in the children to come to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ, and to live for His glory.
Specific responsibilities of the Director of Children’s Discipleship may include:
- Planning, training, and supervising missional activities that encourage children and families to engage in service and evangelism.
- Serving as a liaison regularly between a local elementary school and Young Meadows.
- Creating and implementing new endeavors for children’s discipleship and evangelism.
- Overseeing and participating in MOPS partnership in order to encourage, disciple, and evangelize mothers.
- Welcoming and offering hospitality to children and families upon their arrival.
- Nurturing relationships with all children and their parents, while occasionally visiting classrooms or substituting for teachers.
- Spiritually parenting and/or overseeing the spiritual parenting of children of broken families.
- Shepherding Sunday School, Wednesday night, and Children’s Church teachers, discussing goals, expectations, and frustrations.
- Recruiting, training and involving volunteers of all ages in aspects of Children’s Ministries: VBS, Sunday School, Stepping Stones Memory Work, Children’s Church, Nursery Volunteers.
- Shepherding parents on issues related to their children.
- Coordinating and overseeing children’s discipleship, including Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
- Developing and implementing plans to encourage catechism and scripture memorization.
- Training children and teachers on important topics such as personal Bible study, worldview training, evangelism, etc.
- Planning and supervising Vacation Bible School and Easter Egg Hunt, or other Special Events related to children’s ministry.
- Leading administratively, including event scheduling, assisting the organization of classrooms, stocking supplies, providing class roster, compiling list of substitute teachers etc.
- Monthly scheduling of paid nursery staff and overseeing volunteer nursery rotation.
- Attending children’s conferences or other continuing education programs regularly.
MINISTRY HEART & ATTITUDE: Do assigned tasks with a God-given desire and passion. Maintain character above reproach and exemplary lifestyle modeling grace-given godliness. Connect with the children with godly compassion. In addition to being excited about such a ministry, be teachable, humble, and faithful.
Send resume to Jay Joye at email@example.com.