July 5, 2020
Sunday, July 5th, sermon "Staying in the Story" delves into Exodus 1: 1-22.
Call to Worship: Hebrews 2:9-12
Old Testament reading: Genesis 15:12-16
New Testament reading: Luke 1:50-55
“Staying in the Story”: Exodus 1:1-22
I. E_________ of E_____________
II. T__________ of O_____________
III. F___________ of P______________
Questions for Discussion:
1. Describe the four chapters (Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration) in the story of the Bible. How are we to understand the work of Christ in his life, death and resurrection in light of this story?
2. Why is it dangerous to forget the Bible as a story? What will we turn the Bible into if we forget the one story?
3. What were the two tensions in relation to oppression that Jay mentioned in the sermon?
4. How do you see God fulfilling the principle God permits what He hates to achieve what He loves playing out in Exodus 1? How do you see it playing out in your own life?
5. Recount the actions ascribed to Pharaoh in Exodus 1. If He serves as a foil, what does this communicate about the actions of God?