February 5, 2023
Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 29:4-7
New Testament Reading: Ephesians 2:17-22
- Wrestling with Exile
- Walking with Identity
Questions for Discussion:
- Jesus is to be the chief cornerstone upon which our life is founded. What other competing identities do we often turn to provide for an alternative foundation of our life?
- Make note of the many identities Peter ascribes to believers in this passage, being careful to explain each identity. Which of these identities resonates with you the most?
- Practically speaking, how do we become more interdependent as a body? What stands in the way of our interdependence?
- How have you seen Reformed Theology create a lack of humility among the church? What about Reformed Theology should lead churches embracing that theology to be a beautiful embodiment of humility?
- What are the two overarching functions of a priest? What would it look like practically for you to serve those two roles this week?
(Bonus): The theology (double predestination) of verse 8 is unsettling to some. How would you explain this concept? Why would Peter include this truth here?