September 19, 2021
Jay's Sunday, September 19 sermon "A Life of Longings" will explore Luke 5: 17-26.
Call to Worship: Psalm 143:6-8
Old Testament Reading: Psalm 63:1-8
New Testament Reading: John 4:13-15
“ A Life of Longings”: Luke 5:17-26
I. Confronting Our Longings
II. Reorienting Our Longings
Questions for Discussion:
1. How are we to understand that a paralytic is brought to be physically healed by Jesus (v. 18), and yet walks out with his sins forgiven (v. 20)?
2. What’s the thing in your life right now that you’d say, if I could get to Jesus, I’d want him to fix _______________.
3. How might Luke 5 change how we approach Christ in prayer? Practically what would this look like?
4. Name the three things from the sermon we see about our Savior from Luke
5. How might these be applied to your answer to question 2?