We envision a revived and redeemed Montgomery and world through the transforming power of gospel-centered discipleship.
Young Meadows Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God by serving as a change agent for the revival and redemption of Montgomery and the world through vibrant, gospel-centered discipleship in worship, community, and mission.
The following core values of our church flow from our Foundational Beliefs. Our Foundational Beliefs are based on the Bible as the only inspired word of God which guides us in all matters of faith and practice. The gospel is the good news revealed by God's word, that He is redeeming His creation and saving His people from sin into a personal relationship and divine community with His Son, Jesus Christ. The gospel is at the center of all our core values. The church could not exist apart from the gospel. The Holy Spirit's role is to convert, convict, convince, and comfort us in Christ.
We reject both the concepts that we can save ourselves or that God's word is worthless for people today.
3. Contagious Joy
4. Social Compassion
6. Small Groups
7. Children's Ministry
What We Believe
Presbyterian Church in America
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
-From the Presbyterian Church in America Website