Legacy Women's Ministry
2022 Women's Retreat photo highlights
What is the Purpose of Legacy?
Legacy is both our vision and our name. We hope it encourages women:
- to reflect the work of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection;
- to walk with Jesus as we live out the gospel in our relationships;
- to pass down gospel truths to future generations.
Who are the members of Legacy?
Legacy's membership includes every woman who is a member of the church.
What comprises Legacy?
The Legacy Women's Council plans and executes the programs, studies, and events of this ministry. Programs include:
- Christian Growth -- Bible studies
- Outreach -- Partnership with Brewbaker Intermediate School and other local missions
- Mercy -- Food ministry for families who are recovering or have experienced death
- Special Events -- Fall Fellowship event, Spring Retreat, Greening of the Church (Advent), Game Nights, Lunch Bunch, and Ladies Night Out
How can I get involved in Legacy Women's Ministries?
Legacy offers many opportunities for every woman in the church to be involved. Here is a short video that explains many of our programs. Below you will find descriptions and resource people who can answer any questions you may have.
Fall Bible Study
For more information, see Micki McCallum.
The Special Event committee plans various events throughout the year including a Fall Kickoff, The Hanging of the Greens, and a Women's Retreat. Our next Special Event is Soup Supper.
This year, Brewbaker Intermediate School is our focus with various teacher appreciation activities and ongoing parent connection groups.
Contact: Outreach Coordinators Ethel Boykin (email@example.com) and Palmer Coley.
Mercy Committee coordinates meals for comfort and condolence by visiting shut-ins and caring for those in need. The Mercy Committee also assists the Joseph Ministry with meals for families during the memorial service and visitation.
If you are interested in helping the Mercy Committee take meals to members when needed, contact Leslie Painter at 706-888-3934.